Sunday, March 4, 2012

Public Radio Specials Seek Funds on Kickstarter



Earlier this evening I was led to Kickstarter to check out Heavenly Sight: A Vision out of Blindness through a social media connection. Stephen Rathe of Murray Street Productions asked Can I get you to check out our HEAVENLY SIGHT project on Kickstarter today? we have a 1:1 Match (how pub media) till end of the night. Thanks http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1099992656/heavenly-sight-a-vision-out-of-blindness


So I did.

I've always been drawn to Roots and Americana Music. As a teen I hung out at coffee houses in Milwaukee. Yep, Milwaukee used to have a coffee house scene. The Avant Garde, The Coffee House and later the Blue River Cafe were some of the places I used to go with my friends. Acts from Chicago used to come up almost every weekend. Steve Goodman and John Prine were regulars. The Blues were big too. I got see and hear Dave Van Ronk, John Lee Hooker, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee and and The Reverend Gary Davis up close. They were no more than ten feet in front of me.

The Reverend Gary Davis is one of the artists featured in the doc which is in need of your help to be fully funded. They've got a video clip to give you an idea of what the doc is all about. Just click on the link above.

In case your wondering what Americana Music is all about you can find out more at http://americanamusic.org/

Kickstarter is a funding platform focused on a broad spectrum of creative projects. These guidelines articulate our mission and focus, as well as the rules of conduct for our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment