Saturday, July 27, 2013

Malatia Resigns


WBEZ's Torey Malatia resigned. The Chicago Tribune has more




The news is a shock to me. I'm not sure why. I guess I considered Torey a contemporary. He was at WFMT while I was in the midst of a job search. He turned me down..gently. I appreciated the way he handled it.







Among the accomplishments:

  • WBEZ became a news and information powerhouse in Chicago.
  • He launched local efforts like Eight Forty-Eight
  • Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me
  • This American Life
  • and 
  • Vocalo
According to a report in Crain's the relationship between Malatia and the Board had been acrimonious for some time. Among the Board's concerns, according to Crain's, was a lackluster performance in the ratings in the Chicago market.






No comments:

Post a Comment