Sunday, January 24, 2010

WUWM Moves Again


The place where I started as a volunteer for Public Radio is moving again. I volunteered at WUWM in 1979 when they were on the campus of the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. I began there as the producer for Folk Festival USA. The NPR had a two hour slot, but the length of the show would vary. So, I would produce the fill to air at the end of the local broadcast. It was the first show on the air Sunday Morning. Because the board-op was usually late, the fill portion of the show hardly ever made it on the air. Two of the people I worked with are still there. Station Manager Dave Edwards was their News Director back then. Program Director Bruce Winter was the Operations Director.

This appeared in the Journal Sentinel...WUWM 89.7 FM - Milwaukee Public Radio has moved to the 7th floor of the Chase Tower, 111 E. Wisconsin Ave., Suite 700, Milwaukee.

No comments:

Post a Comment