Thursday, January 17, 2013

WNPR is looking for your story


So...here's what it's all about.

WNPR wants to hear your story. Well...within limits. WNPR recently announced its Voicemail Project. It's more than old technology. Social Media is in play. I got notice through Facebook.


WNPR is starting an experimental radio project and we want you to get involved. The idea is simple. We provide a theme, you call our hotline and tell a story.
Here's how to take part:Pay phone Free PhotoStep One: Check out our theme (listed below).Step Two: Call 860-580-WNPR (860-580-9677). You'll hear a nice pre-recorded message from me or one of our producers.Step Three: Tell us your story. Take as long as you need, but the voicemail might cut you off after 3 minutes. So quicker is better! Be genuine. Tell us the story like you'd tell an old friend over coffee. (We're old friends, right?!) Step Four: Hang up your phone. Wait to hear your story online and in WNPR programming. (More on that later ...)THIS MONTH'S THEME:
"My First Kiss"


I can't remember my first kiss. There is photographic proof. I don't have a copy of the shot but, I've seen it. There I am. I'm about four years old. I'm planting a kiss on a neighbor. She looks to be about the same age. I remember where she lived but, I don't remember her name or the kiss.

Not much of a story. Suddenly I feel cheated.

If you have more questions about the project, contact Patrick Skahill at WNPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment