Monday, March 21, 2022

Good Works



Much More Is Expected


I've often heard comments from the faithful declaring our place is not in this world, or I'm thankful that Jesus is my Lord and personal savior.

My question, is that all there is? Saying, "I believe, " and leaving it at that doesn't seem come close. Isn't there something more to be concerned about? Isn't there a lot more we're being asked to do? Our faith should be about love, not exclusion. 

 If we're worried about somebody's sexuality, somebody's ethnic heritage, somebody's social status, somebody's purity, I propose we're focused on the wrong things.

I did a quick check and found 100 passages in the Bible about sharing wealth. I think there's many more passages. Somebody once told me there are over 400.

James put it this way. (Found in Sojourners)
For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is also dead.
- James 2:26

Harper Lee offered this,
There are just some kind of men who — who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)








No comments:

Post a Comment