Friday, October 21, 2011

Loaded Interview Questions


Job interview questions may at times seem benign...they're not. There was the recent question, "How many TVs do you think are in the United States?" It's a behavioral question. 
The interviewer wanted to see how I think and respond under pressure. It made me smile...laugh a little. My answer started with a question. "Have you noticed that youre spending a lot less time watching television than say...five years ago? There's so much competition for my time because of the web and social media. Plus, I'm finding that always being connected means I have less time for TV. Because of this, I'm learning the value of time spent with friends and family. Something has to give. It might as well be TV."

How much time are you spending watching TV? Let me know. Right now I need to go outside. I have other things to do.






No comments:

Post a Comment